- JointSphere raises capital through Brabant Startup Fund and informal investors
- Norwegian Visma Group acquires Dutch cloud software provider EBPI
- Gilde Buy Out Partners acquires majority stake in Elcee Group
- EXASUN raises growth capital at ING, ENERGIIQ and ABN AMRO
- Vanquish Yachts sells majority stake to Dutch private equity firm Transequity Network
- ActivityProperty development & construction
- Date17 March 2011
- CountryUK - Netherlands - France
France based Bouygues and management acquire UK based Leadbitter from stock listed Heijmans
The Leadbitter Group is a British construction firm active in both the public and private sector. Leadbitter develops and realizes residential properties in the social rental sector, and public properties such as schools, hospitals and leisure facilities. Denne Construction is part of Leadbitter. Delivering for clients in both the UK construction and housing markets, the company is a leader in its field, with vast international resources to tap into, as well as local expertise from offices throughout southern England and Wales.
Heijmans is a listed company that operates in property development, (non-) residential building, roads and civil engineering in the fields: living, working and connecting. Heijmans is active in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. As a technology partner, it delivers know-how and concepts in various markets. Heijmans realizes projects for private consumers, companies and public sector bodies.
Bouygues is a listed, diversified industrial group with a strong corporate culture. Its businesses focus on three sectors: construction, with Bouygues Construction (building, civil works, energy and services), Bouygues Immobilier (property) and Colas (roads), telecoms with Bouygues Telecom and media with TF1. The company was founded in 1952 by Francis Bouygues and operates in 100 countries.
On March 1st, the Dutch competition authority has approved the acquisition of the Leadbitter Group by the Leadbitter management and Bouygues International. The transaction fits well in Heijmans’ strategy to primarily focus on strong positions in the Dutch and Belgian infrastructural markets. Bouygues has acquired 51% of the shares and management has acquired the remaining 49%.
The additional capacity provided by Bouygues Construction will enable Leadbitter to strengthen its position on value added projects and on new procedures for awarding public contracts. It will also benefit from numerous synergies with other Group subsidiaries already operating in the United Kingdom: Bouygues UK, Warings, ETDE and its specialist subsidiaries
Bob Rendell is very upbeat about the deal, stating that "this is a very exciting time for the Leadbitter Group and for its employees. The resources available to us through the Bouygues Group place us in an enviable position, enabling us to continue to increase market share in our key industry sectors as well as capitalize on emerging business opportunities that complement our skills and experience. I am confident that we are now extremely well placed to capture further market share in several of our key areas”.
Olivier-Marie Racine, Chief Executive and Chairman of Bouygues Bâtiment International, said: "This agreement in conjunction with the Leadbitter management team is an excellent illustration of our development strategy in sustainable locations in the most buoyant regions of England."