- Irish listed DCC plc acquires leading European solar panel distributor PVO International
- Netherlands number 1 full service digital agency The Valley Group acquired by Italian Assist Digital
- Youtility and AIC acquire a majority stake in leading Earth Observation company eLEAF
- Joint Mobility raises €2.1 million in capital through emission of series B shares
- Skarp buys out private equity investor Netsam Participaties
- ActivityIndustrial bakery
- Date29 April 2016
Van Diermen Masterbakers acquires AA Bakeries
AA Bakeries, located in Born, is an industrial bakery that produces high quality (frozen) pastries for the wholesale and retail channel. Its history goes back more than 80 years. Over the years, it has built a leading position in the market and a strong reputation in producing high quality cream puffs and éclairs. AA Bakeries organizes the entire chain, from product development and production to packaging, marketing, distribution and merchandising.
Van Diermen Masterbakers, located in Spakenburg, is the world’s largest producer of puff pastry. Van Diermen has grown to one of the leading industrial bakeries worldwide, selling its products in more than 50 countries. Its main markets are retail and food service. Van Diermen continuously innovates, of which gluten free cream puffs are the most recent example.
The acquisition will support Van Diermen with its international growth aspirations and is a logical step when looking at earlier acquisitions. Jan Hilbert van Diermen, founder and CEO of Van Diermen Masterbakers: “This acquisition will enable us to meet the increasing worldwide demand for our products and directly adds to our capacity while retaining the same quality level that we stand for.” With Van Diermen Masterbakers, AA Bakeries has found the strategic partner it was looking for in order to take the company to the next level of expansion. The founding family Van Herpen will remain involved with the business.