- South African Incubeta acquires global marketplace expert Maze-One
- Shell invests in plastic waste-to-chemicals technology company BlueAlp
- E-commerce fashion boutique Orangebag raises investment from Nederlands Merkgoed
- Open source software specialist DynApps acquired by Green Park Investment Partners
- LMS software and bespoke eLearning specialist Splintt acquired by investment company MeeMaken
- ActivityIndustrial bakery
- Date29 April 2016
Van Diermen Masterbakers acquires AA Bakeries
AA Bakeries, located in Born, is an industrial bakery that produces high quality (frozen) pastries for the wholesale and retail channel. Its history goes back more than 80 years. Over the years, it has built a leading position in the market and a strong reputation in producing high quality cream puffs and éclairs. AA Bakeries organizes the entire chain, from product development and production to packaging, marketing, distribution and merchandising.
Van Diermen Masterbakers, located in Spakenburg, is the world’s largest producer of puff pastry. Van Diermen has grown to one of the leading industrial bakeries worldwide, selling its products in more than 50 countries. Its main markets are retail and food service. Van Diermen continuously innovates, of which gluten free cream puffs are the most recent example.
The acquisition will support Van Diermen with its international growth aspirations and is a logical step when looking at earlier acquisitions. Jan Hilbert van Diermen, founder and CEO of Van Diermen Masterbakers: “This acquisition will enable us to meet the increasing worldwide demand for our products and directly adds to our capacity while retaining the same quality level that we stand for.” With Van Diermen Masterbakers, AA Bakeries has found the strategic partner it was looking for in order to take the company to the next level of expansion. The founding family Van Herpen will remain involved with the business.